[UPDATE 16/09/2015] I cleaned the post a bit, and added the link to download TaiG 1.1.0 for Mac.
[Optional with version 2.2 of TaiG] To avoid the 20% block, you ha ve to use iTunes 12 or 12.0.1. If you’ve got iTunes 12.1, you need to downgrade:
- Download iTunes 12.0.1 32 bit or 64 bit
- Unistall iTunes 12.1 and all Apple related software, like Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support and iCloud
- Rename your iTunes library extension (you can find it in C:UsersNameOfTheUserMusiciTunes) from iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library.bak
- Reboot your PC
- Install the iTunes version that you downloaded in step 1
Now we are ready for jailbreak primetime. I suggest you to backup your iPhone or iPad before continuing, and to do a clean install of your iOS version.
- Download TaiG 2.4.1 for Windows or TaiG 1.1.0 for Mac
- Turn off all your pass codes and Touch ID: go to Settings->Passcode->Enter your passcode->Turn Passcode Off->Enter your passcode. You now should be able to unlock the phone without pass codes or Touch ID (if it has it)
- Turn off Find my iPhone (or iPad): Settings->iCloud->Find My iPhone->Click to turn off
- Set Flight Mode: from the Home, swipe up and click on the airplane button
- Connect your device to your PC with the cable
- Unzip the TaiG file and open the exe clicking with the right mouse button and selecting Run as Administrator
- TaiG will open and find your device: please be sure that Cydia is checked and 3K Assistant is unchecked
- Press Start
- Now TaiG will execute its jailbreak magic: if everything goes right, a happy emoticon will appear:
- Your device will be rebooted, and at the end you’ll find Cydia in your Home (if your it gets stuck during reboot, you can press both the sleep/wake button and the home button for 5 seconds to restart your device)
- Open Cydia and wait for it to setup: it will restart
- Now your device is jailbroken: open Cydia and enjoy it!
Now that your iPhone is jailbroken, you might be interested in changing WhatsApp ringtones.
Troubles? Suggestions? Leave a comment! 🙂